Being a parent is the greatest adventure that I have experienced in life. Being a dad has provided me with a new perspective in life and forces me to become a better person every day. My wife, Erin, and I have been blessed with 2 healthy, and mostly happy, daughters. Abigail was born April 29, 2011 and Bridget was born 3 years and a week later, on May 6, 2014. I'm pretty sure they could not be any different from each other. Join me on my journey of being a parent.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Memorial Day, Dance Recital, And The End Of A School Year

After spending last Sunday working at the cabin, Erin and the girls drove down to spend the day with me on Monday. It was a beautiful day to play outside. I took several outdoor games with me to the cabin and had them all setup and ready to go when they arrived.

All ready for a fun day!
Rolling the ball down the slide
Hunter getting some attention
After playing for awhile, I grabbed a shovel and we headed down to the garden to plant some watermelons. I dug the holes, Abigail planted the seeds, and Bridget played in the dirt. 

Playing in the garden
Before lunch I hooked up the wagon to the ATV and we all went on a ride around the big field. Then the girls took turns taking a ride around the yard with me. 

Mommy and Bridget riding in the wagon
For lunch I cooked hot dogs over the camp fire. After lunch we started packing everything up before heading home. It was just about the perfect way to spend the holiday. 

It was a good thing that we enjoyed some relaxation time at the cabin, because the rest of the week was crazy. Abigail had her last day of Kindergarten on Wednesday. She also had rehearsal for dance recital on Tuesday and Wednesday evening followed by the dance recital on Friday evening. My mom and mother-in-law attended the recital with Erin and I. Abigail did a great job in both the ballet and on her tap dance performance. 

On Saturday morning Erin and my brother-in-law, Ben, ran the Dam to Dam half marathon. My mother-in-law, Mary helped me take the girls downtown to watch them both finish. It was a miserably hot and humid day but luckily we had a spot to watch that was in the shade of the buildings. Ben and Erin both ran great races and we had a great time cheering on all of the runners. Well, Abigail and I did at least. Bridget spent most of the time playing games on the Kindle.

All of us are very excited for the start of summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment