Being a parent is the greatest adventure that I have experienced in life. Being a dad has provided me with a new perspective in life and forces me to become a better person every day. My wife, Erin, and I have been blessed with 2 healthy, and mostly happy, daughters. Abigail was born April 29, 2011 and Bridget was born 3 years and a week later, on May 6, 2014. I'm pretty sure they could not be any different from each other. Join me on my journey of being a parent.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Grandma Daycare And Surviving The School Year

With less than 2 weeks to go until the end of the school year, we are doing everything that we can to just hang in there. Things always get crazy this time of the year but relief is right around the corner with Erin staying home with the girls.

Last week our daycare provider was on vacation, so my mom graciously agreed to come down to watch Bridget for the week and take Abigail to and from school. The girls loved having grandma here for the week as she always does a great job of keeping them entertained. There was a lot of time spent playing outside, a trip to Burger King for Bridget and McDonalds for Abigail.

We also took the opportunity to start working on potty training with Bridget and I'm glad to say that she is doing great. She spent all 9 days at home wearing big girl underwear during the day with just a few accidents. The bad news is that when returning to daycare this week, she is refusing to use the potty there at all. We aren't quite sure what is up with that, especially since she is still doing great at home in the evenings, but that is just another reason to look forward to the end of the school year.

With more good weather on the way, we are looking forward to a lot of time spent outside in the upcoming week, including a potential family trip to the cabin on Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Grandma had a great time but was really tired when I got home. Loved spending one on one time with the girls making lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete