Being a parent is the greatest adventure that I have experienced in life. Being a dad has provided me with a new perspective in life and forces me to become a better person every day. My wife, Erin, and I have been blessed with 2 healthy, and mostly happy, daughters. Abigail was born April 29, 2011 and Bridget was born 3 years and a week later, on May 6, 2014. I'm pretty sure they could not be any different from each other. Join me on my journey of being a parent.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Continued Summer Fun

Bridget has been doing very well at potty training this summer, but she finally overcame her fear of going anywhere but home. Erin sent me a text on the 15th that Bridget had used to potty while picking Abigail up from theater camp. I wanted to make a big deal out of it so I took her to her favorite place for super, Pancheros.

Cheese!
Last weekend was Father's Day. On Sunday afternoon, Abigail and I hooked up the boat and headed out to Big Creek. The weather was nice and I'm pretty sure every other dad in the area must have had the same thought because the lake was BUSY. I'm glad we took the boat because I'm not sure there was an unoccupied shore fishing spot. Abigail started catching fish in the first spot we anchored. She caught several small bluegills as well as a 14 inch drum.

Ready to fish
Waiting for the fish to bite
Caught one!
After about 45 minutes Abigail complained that her arm was too tired from catching fish so we cruised around the lake for awhile before loading the boat to head home. 

Driving the boat
Abs helping to unhook the boat
This past weekend went by very fast and I ended up spending a lot of extra time at work. The weather did get a lot nicer so I planned to spend Saturday playing outside. Erin was gone to a women's retreat so it was just me and the girls. I showered quick after getting home from my morning run and we headed outside until after lunch. My sister stopped by with her kids later in the morning to play as well. 

Abigail beat me in bags twice
The Bridge heading down the slide
Snack break

After an afternoon nap, we headed back outside for more fun, this time with Aunt Jess and Uncle Ben in tow. It was a picture perfect day to be outside and a lot of memories were made. I hope that we have a lot more days like that in the future. 

Fun with Jess and Ben
This coming week brings vacation bible school for Abs along with a planned trip to see the ICubs on Tuesday. It also marks the last week of June (how did that happen?), which means that I will officially be off work when I leave next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment