Being a parent is the greatest adventure that I have experienced in life. Being a dad has provided me with a new perspective in life and forces me to become a better person every day. My wife, Erin, and I have been blessed with 2 healthy, and mostly happy, daughters. Abigail was born April 29, 2011 and Bridget was born 3 years and a week later, on May 6, 2014. I'm pretty sure they could not be any different from each other. Join me on my journey of being a parent.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Big Changes And Summer Fun

Erin's last day of school was June 5th and as of June 6th she is officially a stay at home mom. I don't plan to go into details in this blog post, but it is an understatement to say that we are all very excited for this new adventure.

Abigail spent June 4 - 8 at my parents house in Evansdale with her cousin Aubree. It is my understanding that they both had a great time although I don't know all of the particulars. What happens at grandma and grandpa's house, stays at their house. During those days Bridget got a lot of one on one time with mommy and loved every minute of it. They went to the zoo, walked to Casey's for donuts, and spent time at the library.

Bridget with her donut
Abigail returned on Thursday and all of the real summer fun began. Erin took the girls to a program at the Urbandale library where the got to climb in and check out all sorts of trucks. 

Checking out a fire truck
Last Tuesday, I took Bridget fishing for her first time (with me at least). She did a good job listening and we actually spent much longer fishing then expected even though we didn't catch any fish. On Thursday evening I took Abigail. My initial plan was to take the boat but with the temperatures heating up I ended up deciding to just head to Big Creek and fish from shore. We caught a few fish, but after about an hour Abigail had enough of the heat and asked to go home. 

The temps kept on heating up, so on Sunday I got out the water table and our inflatable pool. Bridget was not behaving so she lost her chance to play in the pool, but I spent a couple hours with Abigail playing outside while Bridget and Erin played inside. Swimming was about the only thing worth going outside for with temperatures in the 90's and high humidity. 

This week Abigail is attending theater camp and absolutely loves it. They are planning and putting on shows which is a passion of hers. While she is at camp, Erin and Bridget have stayed busy by going to the zoo and playing at a splash pad. Of course, just because I'm at work all day doesn't mean that I miss out on all of the fun. After work today Abigail and I headed to the Clive aquatic center to do some swimming. We had a blast playing in the pool and floating on the lazy river. We even bumped into my nephew, Ethan, while we were there. 

I do hope we get some cooler temperatures in the next few weeks so that we can spend more time outside in the afternoon when I get home from work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment